Pages

My Brother's Getting Married

My brother is getting married tomorrow! This culminates several months of wedding preparations. During the course of their wedding preparations, they turned to me for advice regarding where to go for affordable Wedding Dresses. I referred them to my dressmaker, who makes affordable but well made Bridal Dresses comparable to those of the top designers but without the sky high prices. Since the prices are so reasonable, they decided to shoulder the costs of the Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses and Mother's Gowns which they got from her as well. I also went to her to have my own gown made since the price of a made-to-order gown from her is even cheaper than off-the-rack gowns found in the major department stores. She even included matching bags for all of us, which means more savings for us as we no longer have to buy them.

As for the men, they are going to wear the traditional Filipino Barong Tagalog. That includes my son, who will act as ring bearer.

My brother and his bride are going to have a modified Buddhist ceremony by the hotel pool. I am pretty excited about since I have never witnessed a Buddhist ceremony before. Of course I am also excited about my son's first time to be part of the wedding entourage.

Congratulations and best wishes to my brother and his bride!

0 comments: