Pages

Keeping Babies Safe

One of considerations of having a very young child in the house is baby-proofing the house. I still believe that the best way to prevent accidents is to always keep an eye on the baby, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. Mommy has to do other things aside from watching the baby.

Fortunately, there are already a lot of products out there that help in making your home safer for babies. I have a few of those. My absolute favorite is the baby gate by Safety First. I've been using it for about 2 years already, ever since my son learned to walk. The version we bought can be moved, so we just put it between the door jamb of whichever room he happens to be in. Our room's door is beside the stairs, so we are extra careful in ensuring that the gate is always in place, because we do not want our son to take a nasty spill down the long flight of stairs.

My mother is very amazed that there are now so many products geared towards child safety. She noted that these were not available when we were kids.

0 comments: