Pages

Branded vs Generic Medications

Branded, or more expensive medication? Or, generic and more affordable medication? In these matters, if I could afford it, I would rather go for the more reliable brands even if they are more expensive because, as a doctor myself, I've found them to be more consistent and reliable in their quality, hence there is a greater chance for patients to actually get the right dosage and the right medication, and as a consequence, get better faster. The faster you heal, the faster you can recover your productivity.

On the other hand, if I do not have enough money to buy the whole prescribed course of branded medicine, I will consider going for their generic equivalents, but I would first look at the drug company that manufactured the medication. There are some legal drug companies that offer lower priced, but still quality generic drugs. Those are what I would go for.

The drug development process is quite a complicated process, so I would much rather go for a company which has the means and the experience to produce quality medications, rather than some fly-by-night company whose credentials may be doubtful.

0 comments: