Pages

Something's A-Brewin'

I do not know if you are aware that I actually have another self-hosted blog over at http://www.joeymd.com . This one is more of a blog about my life as a doctor. I didn't really get a big company to do the hosting for me since it was a shot in the dark and I was not really sure about what I want to do. Instead, I got a small startup with a one man team. It's main advantage is that it's cheap. It's main disadvantage is that when my webhost is offline for an extended period of time, I can't contact him. Overall, I'm happy with the hosting and I feel that it is adequate for my blog.

I am thinking of cooking up something else, though. And for this project, I would likely look for a bigger company, since I am guessing that this is going to be a lot more complicated than a simple blog. I am going through web hosting ratings and feedbacks from people who have used their services before. Since I am going to spend quite a bit more money than I did with my blog, I really have to make sure that I would get my money's worth. Companies who have already won some web hosting awards definitely have the edge, but I would not discount others who don't. Another consideration is budget. Mine is tight, so expensive deals are off.

I'm also looking at some very informative web hosting tutorials. I'm not really an internet expert so this is all very educational for me. I may eventually need someone with more IT knowledge to help me in the long run, but for now, I can only rely on myself. That's why I want to arm myself with more knowledge so that I would be able to achieve what I set out to do.

What is it, anyway? I'll just inform you guys when it's up, coz I don't know yet if this will work. I'm crossing my fingers, though, that this will.

0 comments: