Pages

Solo Parenting

Parenting is one of the most difficult (but rewarding!) jobs in the world. Imagine being responsible for somebody who's totally dependent on you for everything -- basic needs, education, major decisions, etc. This is a "burden" I gladly share with my husband, my life partner and who's a great daddy. We now have one 3 year old son and a daughter due to be born in less than three months, and we feel blessed to be chosen to be parents to our angels. Of course, we have our ups and downs in parenting but everything is so worth it!

Parenting is doubly difficult when one does not have a partner to share the major parenting responsibilities with. It's great that single parents are no longer maligned and their efforts are appreciated. There's even a single parents chat where they can meet online and chat about everything. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it is for single moms and dads. I have a great dad for a husband and there are still times that I wonder if we have being doing things right. Kudos to single parents who have taken on the parenting burden willingly, all for the love of their children!

0 comments: