Pages

Daddy's Gonna Be A Great Biking Teacher

There are at least two things I want my husband to teach my son: swimming and biking.

Although I do swim, I'm not really as good as other people who are more serious about the sport. It seems that my husband is more serious than I am about this, and thus is more qualified to teach our little boy how to swim during this long, hot summer.

About biking, I'm embarrassed to admit that I never really got the hang of it. Perhaps it was already quite late when I attempted to get acquainted with the bicycle. Or maybe I'm just not cut out to ride bikes. My husband, on the other hand, has been biking with his childhood friends. Since they all lived near the vicinity of the UP Campus, they were able to make use of the relatively un-busy streets within the campus to ride their bikes.

My son already has a bike, one with detachable training wheels. He got it as a "birthday gift" when we had his first birthday at McDonald's. Now, he is 3 1/2 years old and old enough to learn to bike. And I really believe that his dad will be a good teacher.

0 comments: