Pages

US Trip With Mom

The last time I was in the United States was almost ten years ago. I went to attend a convention in New Orleans and my mom came along with me. This trip is different from the one we made in 1991, since it was just the two of us. We didn't have a road trip anymore, but instead used the local airlines to tour 5 different cities.

Aside from Los Angeles and Las Vegas which we have already gone to before, we went to Orlando, Florida where we visited Disney World while it was raining. We then flew to New Orleans where the convention was held and got to see a VERY different view of USA. Different food, different types of architecture, different way of speaking. Since my dad was adamant about us calling home, my mom followed a tip to buy a phone card so that we can call home. It worked pretty well even from our hotel's phone and saved us a lot of money. I wish I could have seen more of the New Orleans night life while I was there, but our hotel was pretty far and my mom wanted to take advantage of the free shuttle provided by the convention organizers, which is good only until 7pm. Oh well.

We then proceeded to Dallas, Texas. Our hotel was pretty far from everything, though, so we didn't get to see a lot of places there. Our main objective there was for mom to check out a builder's convention. Since mom was always on the lookout for new business opportunities, we went there. The next stop, Las Vegas, was for R & R. We watched a show for free because I won 2 tickets. Mom tried her hand at the slot machines. While we were there, some lucky guy won the jackpot at the hotel we were staying and it was said to be the biggest jackpot won there! I forgot how much though, something like 20 million? The last stop was Los Angeles, we only stayed a few hours, doing some shopping, while waiting for our plane back to the Philippines.

It was a pretty good bonding moment for mom and I. :)

I don't know when my next US trip would be, but there are still a lot of places I want to go to. When we get the time and the money, I suppose. Or an excuse like attending a convention. :)

0 comments: