Pages

Yaya's not coming back....

Remember when I blogged about my son's yaya's taking a vacation leave in this post?

Well, yaya called up today and said that she won't be coming back because of issues within her family.

So far, we've been yayaless since December 24 and we've survived. It was difficult at the beginning but we got used to it already. Since it was the Christmas season, we were home most of the time anyway, so we were able to take care of our son. We have been hands on naman ever since, with yaya as a secondary caregiver, but we've generally given the tedious tasks to her. Also, having a yaya does free a lot of time off our hands so we can do other stuff, like work! :D With yaya gone, it was a little difficult to insert the things I usually do, like blogging for instance! So if I'm remiss with my bloghops, you know the reason. :) There are also other people in the house/s willing to assist with taking of my son whenever we need to something, like my mother, my mother-in-law, brother, the maids in my mom's house, so it was not as difficult as I expected initially.

And, it's been actually enjoyable :) although quite challenging to juggle work and childcare!

Now that we've survived 2 weeks without a yaya, we can say that we're still okay :). But, we still have to look for another one since we do have to work, albeit, part time. There's a yaya applicant I'm interviewing on Monday, she's a referral of my mom's cook. I hope she'll be okay and my toddler will like him.

2 comments:

Norm said...

Hi Joey! hanap ka nalang ng ibang yaya. By the way I am nominated as filipino blog of the week ask ko sana support mo...PLZZZ vote for me daily http://salaswildthoughts.blogspot.com thx jud...

theworkingmom said...

I am getting one na. I hope she's okay. Of course I'll vote for you :)