Much ado has been made about GPS tracking system technology. Much like any other device, it does have its own advantages and disadvantages, enumerated below.
- Can track stolen vehicles
- Can track company or government vehicles' movements, both during office hours and especially during non-working hours
- Can lessen a parent's worries on where a teenager is
- Can track lost or kidnapped persons last seen in a certain vehicle with the GPS tracking system
- Loss of privacy
- Trust issues are brought up
- More cost for the car owner
- GPS tracking system technology has to be changed every so often
For me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I do not have to hide anything, not my movements, not my whereabouts, so I would not really worry about people finding out where I was at that moment. But others may not feel the same thing.