Pages

Wordcamp...But I Can't Go :(

The Wordcamp Philippines is to be held at the College of Saint Benilde on September 6, 2008.

Unfortunately, I was not able to register in time. Needless to say, I was very disappointed since this was a much awaited event and Matt Mullenweg himself is supposed to come and give a talk. There's supposed to be another one in Davao (on September 4, 2008) where registration has not yet been filled up but due to time and budget constraints,and more importantly, family and work considerations, I cannot go.

I wish a Web Conferencing setup could be done in either or both legs of the camp so that I can be a part of it even if i am not physically present. I wonder if they could perhaps get some sponsors to help in setting up either Audio Conferencing, or, better yet, a Video Conference. There are just too many people who want to join but are limited by either schedule, cost (not the camp itself because it's supposed to be free but the cost of travel) or other commitments. These kinds of setup would make it accessible to more people like me who really want to be a part of it all.

0 comments: