Pages

GPS Tracking System - The Good And The Bad

Much ado has been made about GPS tracking system technology. Much like any other device, it does have its own advantages and disadvantages, enumerated below.

The good:

  • Can track stolen vehicles
  • Can track company or government vehicles' movements, both during office hours and especially during non-working hours
  • Can lessen a parent's worries on where a teenager is
  • Can track lost or kidnapped persons last seen in a certain vehicle with the GPS tracking system
The bad:
  • Loss of privacy
  • Trust issues are brought up
  • More cost for the car owner
  • GPS tracking system technology has to be changed every so often
These are what comes to my mind. Feel free to add your opinion here.

For me, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. I do not have to hide anything, not my movements, not my whereabouts, so I would not really worry about people finding out where I was at that moment. But others may not feel the same thing.

0 comments: