Pages

House Plants

I have to admit that I don't have a green thumb. I just like the look of nature, as I grew up with plants around the house. When I was small, we lived in an apartment, but my mom managed to keep a few flowering shrubs in our terrace, all in outdoor planters. My paternal grandmother, who lived next door, had a lawn with a lot of flowering and decorative plants. To complement the look of her garden, she also put a few decorative planters around her house.

When we moved to our present house, my mom had the free hand to design a garden herself. The result was a pleasing backyard where my son now runs around in the afternoons. My mother-in-law is also great with plants. She has a few flowering plants and fruit bearing trees around her house. She even planted a langka tree when my son was born, and designates it as Ethan's tree.

With the high prices of real estate nowadays, I really do not know if my family can get to live in a house, or if we'll be relegated to a small condo. Even if that's the case, we can still probably still have a few plants if we use window planters.

Living spaces look so much better when there are plants around.

0 comments: