Pages

Mailbox Talk

I don't know why it's so difficult to find really nice mailboxes here in the Philippines. The ones I see in home improvement and hardware shops look almost the same to me. I know, mailboxes are just places where the postman leaves your mail, but it should also have a bit of aesthetic value, don't you think? After all, it does occupy a prominent place outside your home. I've seen some around the village which look like personalized Whitehall maiboxes.

I do love the look of the Whitehall maiboxes, especially the wall mounted types. I think the "kartero" here do not really notice the mailboxes unless they're right on or beside the door. What we have at home is a floor mounted custom maibox located little to the side of the gate. Guess what, they still put our mail in between the gate openings. So, now, our mailbox is not serving its actual function of receiving and protecting things we get from the mail. So, I'm guessing the wall mounted one near the front door will be a better option, one I will probably get if and when we have our new home.

0 comments: