Pages

1000 Copies of CD's?

While I occasionally burn my own CDs for personal consumption or for informal, small distributions (e.g. digital pictures of an event), I admit that my work will never be considered professional enough to serve as a sideline. For my son's first birthday party, my husband and I copied a CD of nursery rhymes (we didn't like the songs played at McDonald's -- where the party will be held. The music was too "adult" for a one year old kid). We made a lot of mistakes and wasted a lot of blank CDs in the process. We had to listen to the CD to make sure that it was done right. Imagine if I had to do 1000 of that!

If I would be distributing a large number of CDs or DVDs, I would engage the services of professional CD printing services. I'd rather pay their services rather than stress on whether or not each CD is burned correctly (especially if I have to distribute 1000 copies of the same CD), or if the sleeves are nice looking enough.

Which brings me to the second point. I'm just not artistic enough. And even if I tried, I could not make 1000 CD labels and sleeves in my spare time without sacrificing something (my sleep, mainly!). No, thank you, I'll let the pros handle it.

0 comments: