Pages

On Science Museums

It's like a "whoa" moment for me. I realize that we really do not have many science museums here in the Philippines. We do have a lot of history and art museums, but science museums? Maybe we should have something like that. I did learn a lot from the history and art museums that we have, and from the few science museums that I went to when I was younger, I learned more and faster than I did when I simply read the book. There's just something about "interacting" -- using the senses of touch, smell, sounds aside from sight -- that make the lessons stick better.

Anyway, museums are generally non-profit, and as such, even museums in the more developed (than ours) country are experiencing trouble making ends meet. Do answer this survey, all proceeds from this go to a certain museum -- you get to save at least 1 science museum which will benefit more children.

0 comments: