Pages

Beginning to like Dr. Seuss

I was not a Dr. Seuss fan. I haven't read any of the books but I've always thought the titles sounded too weird. I mean, titles like How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Cat in a Hat, Horton Hears a Who, Green Eggs and Ham didn't really appeal to me.

But then, I didn't really grow up with Dr. Seuss. My parents are Chinese immigrants and know nothing about him. I read a lot of other books, non of them Dr. Seuss.



The movie adaptation made me a convert! I loved the message of the movie! I am going to introduce Dr. Seuss to my son. Now, the toddler school he's going to is actually big on Dr. Seuss. With kid-friendly verses, nice illustrations, and most importantly, important life lessons even small children can pick up, it really is no wonder Dr. Seuss became so popular!

0 comments: