Pages

Post Labor Day Musings

This is a short work week for me. I only worked up to April 30. May 1 is Labor Day. I do not have work today because we have a convention and our clinic is closed because most of the doctors are presumed to be going there. The staff, too. My husband and I chose not to go, though, because it's located in Legaspi, Albay, and it's quite difficult to bring a 31 month old toddler on such a long trip. We can't leave him at home either because his grandmother, who looks after him when we're gone, is out of town. We're too paranoid to leave him with just his nanny. So we're here. And, anyway, he has school today.

I kinda found it weird that GMA could move even holidays like Independence Day (June 12) to weekends but she couldn't do the same thing for May 1. Well, I suppose that's because she might get flak from the huge labor sector if she did so. Oh well.

The problem of us not having work is that we don't get paid. You see, unlike employees who have fixed income monthly, we only get paid when we see patients. So, no work, no pay. Nevertheless, a little down time is nice, too. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy (or Jill a dull girl)!

0 comments: