Pages

In celebration of the birth of the Pinoy Parenting Blog Carnival (PPBC), I thought it would be appropriate if we share stories of our children's birth -- where most of us truly become parents.

If you are a mommy, please share your experiences regarding pregnancy and childbirth. Guide questions:

  • Did you have a normal vaginal delivery? Or a Ceasarian section? If you underwent CS, what was the reason for that?
  • What kind of anesthesia did you have during the delivery? Or did you go through a drug-less birth?
  • Was your husband present with you when you delivered your child?
  • Were you able to room in your baby immediately?
  • Here in the Philippines, the usual birth attendant is the Obstetrician-Gynecologist. Did you have one when you gave birth? Or did you have somebody else attend to you? For example, a midwife, a nurse, another doctor (not OB), a traditional hilot?
  • How was your labor? Can you describe the course?
  • How was your post partum recovery?
If you're a daddy, you may share your wife's birth story. Or you may just blog about your experience while awaiting your child's arrival.

Remember, the following are just guide questions. Please don't feel limited by them and exercise your writing creativity. You may write a poem, post pictures or whatever. :)

You may post the link to your entries in the comments section of this article or email me at ethanmama[at]gmail[dot]com with PPBC submission as the subject .

The deadline for entries is on May 10, 2008, 12 midnight. :) I will post the PPBC 1st Edition on May 14, 2008. Please watch out for it!

For more guidelines on the Pinoy Parenting Blog Carnival, please visit this page:

Thank you very much for your participation.

13 comments:

earthlingorgeous said...

yipee pinoy parenting blog carnival ! :)

Anonymous said...

hi joey!

here's my entry: http://mommyleah.com/2008/05/pinoy-parenting-blog-carnival-1.html

Mec said...

it's really cruel to be so emotional this early.... :)

my entry:

becoming a parent

thank you for inviting me :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joey,

Nakahabol din! Here is my entry...

http://joannrosary.com/2008/05/10/my-birthing-story/

theworkingmom said...

Thank you so much for your entries! Loved them all!

Angel said...

Hi there,

I think I am the first father who joined in. Hope I am just right in time.

Here's me entry.

Thanks.

http://whatparentsshouldrealize.blogspot.com/2008/05/pinoy-parenting-blog-carnival-my-first.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Joey! Happy Mother's Day! I'm late, pwede pa ba ihabol? Here's my entry: http://baduday.wordpress.com/2008/05/10/my-birthing-experience/

Melisse said...

hi joey!

Now lang ako nag open sa blog ko kaya nagulat ako na last day na pala yung entry, baka sakali lang makahabol ... kung di naman sa next time na ako.

here birthstory ni Vin http://www.perfectpixelsmelisse.com/2007/05/vins-birth-story-as-told-by-vin.html

Nite!
Melisse :)

Melisse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
earthlingorgeous said...

Hi! Am I late?

Here is mine :) http://earthlyexplorations.blogspot.com/2008/01/happy-6th-birthday-anastacia.html

wifeynibangis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haze said...

oh no, late ako. bawi na lang ako for the next topic. sorry joey! my little boy was sick so didn't have time to make the entry.

theworkingmom said...

Angel, Tricia, Melisse, earthlinggorgeous, ok pa naman, I haven't done my collating article pa naman. :) I'll include you all na. Thanks for joining! Love all your entries!

Haze, I understand. Mommy rin naman ako. Ok lang, may next edition pa naman.