Pages

Marriage in Trouble?

One of the best decisions I've made in my life is to get married to my husband. I am much happier now that I'm married to a great man and that I am a mother. We've had some rough patches, but we've compromised on a lot of them. These trials have only made our marriage stronger.

I feel sad, therefore, whenever I hear of failing marriages or a seemingly great couple deciding to split up because of various issues. Unless there is violence involved, I believe the couple should still try marriage counseling to save their marriage.

Another thing the couple has to consider is the impact of their breakup on their children. Children are always the innocent victims of dad and mom’s problems. While it's true that sometimes the relationship is so toxic that it's better for couples to split, that is often not the case. A lot of issues are based on misunderstandings and lack of communication. A third party who’s an expert in such situations may help them come to terms and compromise in some issues besetting them.

A lot of couples on the verge of breakup, however, are reluctant to do formal save marriage counseling, since they believe that it's tantamount to exposing their problems and shortcomings in their marriage to another person. If that is the case, then they should at least try online marriage counseling. A marriage is too precious to just let go. It's even more difficult for children. So do think twice before throwing in the towel.

0 comments: