Pages

Blue Jeans ... A Clothing Icon

In the United States during the 1950s, wearing of blue jeans by teenagers and young adults became symbolic of mild protest against conformity. This was considered by some older adults as disruptive; for example, some movie theaters and restaurants refused to admit patrons who wore blue jeans. During the 1960s the wearing of blue jeans became more acceptable and by the 1970s had become general fashion in the United States, at least for informal wear. But ya gotta ask yourself, where in the world is a pair of blue jeans not acceptable?



I always have at least a pair of blue jeans in my wardrobe. It goes well with any of my tops, and any of my shoes. I have jean skirts, jean tops and jean dresses. Jeans are great for travelling and for roughing it! Oh, I cannot imagine NOT having jeans!

0 comments: