Pages

For Web Savvy Grandmas

My mom's cousin (technically my aunt) came over to visit yesterday. They haven't seen each other in quite a while since my aunt lives quite far from us. It was obvious that they missed talking to each other. My mom does have her circle of friends and she was quite active, but ever since she was sidelined with her injury, she can't go out with her friends like she did before. My aunt, on the other hand, is rather dependent on having somebody drive her to places since she is more elderly, however, her children all have their own work and responsibilities so they can't always have the time to bring her.

This makes me think that online Senior Chat is a great tool for web savvy elder people--those who are not afraid to learn something new everyday, like learning to use the internet and to use the chat function. I would not be surprised if I'd make use of something like that in about 30 years time, especially if I have a lot of time on my hands and just want to connect with people my age and with the same interests as I do...even if it were just about comparing our grandkids' antics.

0 comments: